I went to a book fair a few weeks ago and I got quite a few books. I had prepared a list with everything I wanted to get in advance - yes, meet my inner nerd! A couple of them I already read (and have been meaning to post reviews on here!) and the other ones I decided to add to my Booktubeathon TBR List. So here they are:
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger - this is for the "Read a book that has been on your bookshelf for the longest" and partly for the "Reread a book" challenges. I've tried to read this book a few years ago and abandoned it halfway through. I've always wanted to finish it some day.
- Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann - I already finished it this morning, expect a review soon.
- The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova - now this book I got the other day for just $3. I was waiting for some friends who were running late, so I went into the bookstore to kill some time. Needless to say, when I saw how cheap this book was I just had to get it. Also, I have read The Historian by the same author and I enjoyed her writing a lot, so hopefully this book will not be a disappointment.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - everyone has been raving about this book, it's been on my list for quite some time.
- The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith - it's short and it was recommended by larainebrotista on YouTube, so I thought it would be a great summer read.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis - I've been wanting to read a good sci-fi book for quite some time now. Will this be it - um, I'm not really sure, but it will probably be a quick read, as most YA are.
I don't think I will be able to go through all of these by the end of the week, which is when the Booktubeathon officially ends, but these are definitely books I will be reading in the next few weeks. So, in case you want to see my review on any of these - stay tuned.
As for the Booktubeathon, it's been going great so far! I have already finished one book and read 293 pages and day 3 has just started. It was my goal to read about 100 pages a day, so this is great I think.
How have you been doing?
(Photos: Iva Yaneva)
If you buy a book from the Book Depository through any of the links above, I earn a small commission. Thank you for your support!