Friday, February 13, 2009

Sally Jean


I am usually not the biggest fan of jewelry, but this is so much more! I am totally in love with this collection and I am going to have a big time deciding on which one I want to purchase. There is something for every piece of me (and I believe you too) - funny things like "Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit", beautiful initials, pictures and collages or more intimate and sentimental words..
All the collages are made by hand, using antique photographs along with vintage ephemera. They are printed with archival inks on professional artist's paper and covered with glass. Each is then framed with silver solder, which the artist makes herself. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

"Making little collages into jewelry is like wearing your heart on your sleeve...only better...it's wearing your sentiments around your neck. Eye candy for the soul..."

Website (which by the way is absolutely gorgeous) : Sally Jean

ps. I just found out she has a blog as well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin