Thursday, July 2, 2009

Inspiration

Although it is not very eco friendly, I absolutely love having natural wood in my home. My parents' house is full of these lovely custom made pieces of furniture my dad made. I think it really makes the place so much warmer and cozier, don't you think?




Photos desiretoinspire & delightbydesign

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to wood I just couldn't resist showing you these lovely pieces by Bryan Nash Gill. He applies ink on the wood and then presses the sheet of paper against it. Very neat, no?

6 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

i love the colour dark wood!

Sofia said...

Let me just start by saying that wood can be an ecological and natural material for houses when it's not rare wood and also when trees are planted to compensate the cuts. It's even healthier for us:)

Bryan's work is quite interesting. It's like wood fingerprints:P

I saw the film "Dan's real life" with Steve Carrel, Juliette Binoche and Dane Cook. Surprisingly it's not a comedy, I cried:P

Callie Grayson said...

oh, how I would love a retreat weekend house to have a bathroom with a soaking tub like the one in the 2nd image in the first row!!! and that view must be stunning!!

love the wood prints too. they would be lovely large and framed for a study or library!!!

Kelly said...

...absolutely gorgeous. I would love to live in a house like the one you pictured. ....and when you use recycle and use reclaimed wood it suddenly becomes Eco friendly!

plastikxp said...

very very beat indeed!

plastikxp said...

I mean neat* lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin