Monday, October 19, 2009

Drawings

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I wanted to thank you for the support and share what I came up with on my drawing class on Friday. We are supposed to draw nude models but since it was too cold the models didn't take off their clothes. And because it really sucks drawing clothes over the body I decided to draw faces. I am trying out new techniques because the previous years we were using pencils and white paper only. This one is made with chalk. I try to relax my hand for it is so difficult for me to switch between the different techniques, but oh, the possibilities! I got really good reviews and although I stayed for only a couple of hours it was great!

here is a close-up of the face:


More to come on Friday!

7 comments:

trish said...

Good job trying out a new technique! One of the hardest transitions I made was to draw from conte/charcoal to pencil/pen because the degree of control between the 2 tools varies so much. I don't know if you found that to be the case when switching from pencil to chalk. Keep exploring and playing, and continue to have fun!

Callie Grayson said...

OOOh, love this technique!! I so miss drawing class! I loved using charcoal. I can't wait to see more of your work.
The face portrait is fabulous, well deserved reviews!!
xx
callie

alli michelle said...

This is great, what a fun technique! Look forward to seeing more. I also love your book inspiration below. I agree that there's nothing better than a nice book & tea. :)

Donn said...

Nice start. Working with chalk, pastels is a lot different and fun. Keep it up.

Melissa A. said...

These are good drawings. I have heard that the face is the hardest to draw. I have not drawn any faces, only furniture and other objects.

jacqueline said...

Your drawing is really looking great! Keep up the good work and i am looking forward to see more of your lovely drawing. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Phyllis said...

This portrait has power to disturb (me, anyway), so already you are succeeding in touching the viewer in a new medium. That is so great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin