Friday, December 11, 2009

Art

Happy Friday, everyone! So glad the week is over and the weekend is ahead of us.
I wanted to share my drawings from today's class. I got really good critique and the teacher sat next to me and gave me some advise and you can actually see how much better the figure on the right looks compared to the previous one on the left. I actually screwed the first one up so the teacher told me to draw on top of it so you can actually see the drawing underneath. It was fun trying out this new technique (I used charcoal for the first time ever!)


I didn't have anything to fix the drawing so I had to carry it carefully on my way home. On the public transport there were so many people that came to me and asked me where I study and if they could see the drawing. They were all very sweet! I love sweet strangers, don't you?

I need to do some shopping for Christmas presents this weekend. Did you already do yours? Ah, I can't wait to see what each of you bought or made and especially how you wrapped it! I love wrapping presents!

Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

alli michelle said...

Going through my google reader right now & I see your latest post - always something interesting/inspiring (& I love to see your latest artwork!).
Have a great weekend, & I just saw your comments pop up in my email: you are SO right about splitting rent on a cottage! Brilliant. :)

rumah pohonku... said...

wow...brilliant :)
i'm one of the strangers who like your artwork b^^d

Martine said...

Really beautifully done !

Sharon said...

You did a great job with the charcoal! Wonderful drawing! :)

raena said...

Fantastic!

Shelly McC said...

Wonderful studies!

Callie Grayson said...

Fantastic!! love your drawings!!! My favorite medium is charcoal and you girl have it mastered!!
xx
callie

Jeff said...

These are simply beautiful. Nice work!

My Sweet Prints said...

Fantastic drawings, you have great talent!

www.MySweetPrints.etsy.com Original and customised art for the home, nursery and the heart...

Krista Meister said...

Kudos to you for using charcoal for the first time! You handled it very well and your figure drawings are delightful!

Kelly said...

...ohhhhh, Iva.....these are just beautiful. I love the strong charcoal strokes--very spontaneous! I haven't worked in charcoal since high school....over 30 years ago (yikes!).

Melly Testa said...

Nice work! I am currently attending some l some local figure drawing sessions and am having fun with it too.

BMoon said...

Very well done....love the evocativeness of charcoal....it's so unique and seems a perfect medium for bodies/nudes.

Possum Patty said...

Nice job with the charcoal! Great lines on the figures. Keep it up!

Riana said...

Браво, много си добра!
Продължавай да се усъвършенстваш, ще чакам нови рисунки...;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin