Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lovely Home

It's been a while since I last shared a beautiful home with you and since I found one that really made me want to live in it, I decided it's just the right time.

Don't you just love the cute signs on the walls? I like how they are the same colour, creating beautiful shadows that make them visible.

Although I get a bit distracted and I don't feel very comfortable having a mirror in places I spend much time in (am I the only one?), I love how the vintage mirrors here reflect the trees outside

I love white bathrooms, especially ones that have natural light!

I always wonder how those people take baths when they have guests in the house? It looks very romantic and old-fashioned though

I love the different chairs. I know in the US people often use different chairs while in my country they always have to be a set. I think using different ones gives a feeling like they've been found, like they are antiques and it is perfect for people who love vintage; while having only one kind around the table makes it more elegant and modern. What do you prefer?

Kitchen cupboards are a weakness of mine. They remind me of doll houses.

My mom just found an old dresser in our basement which belonged to my great grandmother and she told me I could have it. It is very similar to the one above, only bigger and it has metal handles that look so antique and beautiful! It is gorgeous and I can't wait to repair it and paint it white and take it home with me!

And last but not least, I would love to sit in that beautiful armchair, having a good book in hands and drinking my afternoon coffee. Would you like to join me?

Photos: Living etc (I wish we had magazines like this one!)

4 comments:

Olga said...

White is such a complex colour - with all its hues and shadows, isn't it? I think it would be really nice to have all the walls and furniture in white colour - I've been thinking of this recently, the only thing I'm worried about is how one feels in such 'white darkness'.

As an extra to mismatching chairs, we could think of mismatching cutlery, plates and cups (better if there are no repeating peaces and all the items are unique)...

Misplaced Country Girl said...

So pretty! I want to curl up in that house and take a long nap, then sit on one of those yummy chairs, drink something warm and read a book. I'm smitten with this look!

Happy New Year to you!

Melissa Y. Allam said...

It's a lovely place Iva, all soft and pretty and white. Sounds like you have a project for the new year with your new old dresser from your great grandmother. Happy New Year too you! Hope you have a happy time!

oh, hello friend. said...

lovely lovely images!! :)
happy 2010 dear friend!

xo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin