Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Weekend!

My dad called yesterday to tell me he bought a vintage film camera for me. Isn't he just the best? I was so happy! Can't wait to get it and try it out!

I had a discussion with a couple of friends about the magic of film yesterday. I think we got a bit spoiled by all the fancy new digital cameras. I mean, the way you think about film photography and digital is all different - you can take as many shots as you'd like with your digital camera but with film you usually spend more time thinking about the light, composing and then you usually take just one photo which you value so much more than number 1024 on your computer. Don't get me wrong, I love my Canon but I am also fascinated by the beauty of old film. Have you noticed how many people process their photos making them look like they are old? Yeah, it's a lot!

What cameras do you shoot with and which do you prefer - film or digital? Join the discussion - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject!

1 comment:

Misplaced Country Girl said...

I have a Cannon Rebel DSLR. I love the idea of shooting with film, but I don't feel like I'm good enough to shoot with film. I need those extra shots that I'm afforded with digital in order to get the picture I'm after. I really really wish I was talented enough to shoot with film. I feel like that is a talent that it is going to fade away and it makes me sad. I'm loving your polaroid pics. You are very talented.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin