Monday, March 1, 2010

Inspiration: Roses

I have long been a fan of Sisley's campaigns. Yesterday I picked their Spring/Summer catalog and again I fell in love with the photographs (and most of the clothes). Here are my favourite images from the campaign. Isn't that bouquet just fabulous? This is something I don't like about the local flowers shops - they put way too much ribbons and wrapping paper and the flowers just kind of disappear among them. So here - this is what I call perfection - just a small ribbon to keep the roses together and that's all. I also like the way they wrap them in France - with a piece of newspaper wrapped around (or at least what I've seen in the movies since I haven't been there). Clear cello or glassine paper is also very nice.

Do you have any preferences when it comes to flowers?


p.s. There is a great Blog & Business Workshop that started today over here. And it is FREE! (Thanks, Melissa for letting us know!) Hurry up and join us.

1 comment:

alli/hooray said...

Roses are so beautiful (I had them at my wedding). I love when flowers come wrapped in newspaper, too. It's the little things!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin