Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Forest - my true love!


It's just Tuesday and I already feel exhausted! But at least I managed to do quite some work and edit some photos from my weekend away on top of that.


I used my prize from this competition, which was weekend for two at a spa hotel in Bansko. Bansko used to be a lovely place, one of my favourite ski resorts but so many people began going there that it just wasn't the same quiet town in the mountain any more. The second highest peak in Bulgaria is nearby and also the oldest tree (1,300 years old), which is fascinating. The old buildings are wonderful, made of stone and wood and the cuisine is just amazing!

An old woman selling handmade things on the street (above).

Got some coffee and dessert at the hotel above. They also had the best homemade ice cream ever!

And these photos I took through the windshield while driving (harder than it sounds!) I love traveling through the woods. I wish I could have a house with a view like this.

And this little door was so tiny it could barely reach my waist! I have no idea who uses it but as I said on flickr I like to think it's elves or some other magical creatures of the forest hehe.

All photos by me, except the ones of me - those were taken by my boyfriend and he wanted me to note that specifically (he's really proud of them). Have a wonderful week, dear friends! xo

3 comments:

Boas Vibrações said...

ADOREI SEU BLOG PARABÉNS ESTAREI TE SEGUINDO.E FICAREI FELIZ SE ME SEGUIRS TAMBÉM...

Callie Grayson said...

beautiful photos, and the ones your boyfriend took of you are really lovely!! he should be proud:)
hope your week in fantastic!
sorry, i have been missing. I have been busy studying. I have to take an exam in the next few months and I am exhausted memorizing all this "stuff" for the exam! soon it will be over:)

xx
callie

alli/hooray said...

Iva, your photos are beautiful! They always inspire me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin