Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ma Baker


I have mentioned before that every weekend I go out for brunch and therefore I am always on the lookout for new cool places to visit. vezira-putuva wrote about a small cafe/bakery called Ma Baker and after seeing the photos I just knew I had to go there.

First of all - congrats to the designer! The place looks very cozy and sunny. I really like how the "kitchen" is open and you can witness how your coffee or fresh juice is being made, feels as if you are visiting a friend and chatting while they make you homemade lemonade. The shelves are filled with pretty boxes and jars that add color and character.



We tried so many things - sandwiches, muffins, cakes, drinks. The prices are really good, so if you are a student (like me) I say this is a great place to meet friends for a cup of coffee. I recommend the mappuccino (on the pictures below) even though it's not the cheapest thing on their menu. It's cappuccino with chocolate and mint and it tastes delicious!


And last, but definitely not least, the service was great. The girl who made us coffee and lemonade was really helpful and gave us extra macaroons since she noticed how quickly they disappeared from our plate.


For those in Sofia here's the address. I was wondering if there are people who would like to see these posts in Bulgarian, if so - let me know. I think English is kind of a universal language and most Bulgarians probably speak it, plus you can always use translator (I have added one with the most popular languages at the bottom of this page too). But I am always open to suggestions and I value your opinion, so feel free to share :)

I hope you are all having a wonderful day - with or without mappuccino!

(Photos: Iva Yaneva)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tova mqsto e naistina strahotno. Tova lqto raboteh nablizo i mnogo go haresvah , no zajalost smqtam 4e cenite sa dosta visoki za tova koeto predlagat. Vyv Franciq podoben rod pekarni sa po-evtini :)

iva yaneva said...

О, да - определено имаш право - в чужбина много неща са на по-приемливи цени. Но пък е едно от най-евтините в София, поне сравнено с Onda, Coffee Heaven, Starbucks.. или пекарна Sofi. Това, което помня е, че мъфините бяха по 1.20лв ;) Но пък кафето си е скъпо за количеството.

Поздрави :)

alli/hooray said...

wow, I love their open storage...this looks like just the kind of place I'd like :)

ps. your photos are always so pretty!

Kellie Collis said...

Looks like a lovely place! Everything looks good! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

Anastasiya said...

you have great photos!

Clarity Vs Eccentricity said...

Iva-y, accidentally landed on your blog. Read a few and could not resist reading all of them. You write about small and simple things of life but make them look so different and special. I love the way you potray the finesse.

Take care,
Chinmoy

DSdiva said...

Супер е! Прекрасни снимки :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin