Thursday, March 17, 2011

Books Inspiration


People say "Don't judge a book by its cover!" Well, I totally do. Of course what's inside those pages is most important but I am one of those people willing to buy a book only because its cover looks pretty.

I was at the bookstore last week when I found a rather huge collection of Agatha Christie's books and I was very impressed with the design as they all had the same style but at the same time were very different from one another. My decision not to buy any more books until I've read the ones that I have on my nightstand kept me from buying (at least) one.

Deisgner of the covers is David Wardle and he had to come up with 40 (!) covers. Now that I call productivity! You might want to check out his other work because apparently his creativity is endless. I think my favourites would have to be "Murder on the Orient Express" and "Sparkling Cyanide". I haven't read any of Christie's books but I am guessing this will soon change thanks to Mr. Wardle. The books are published by HarperCollins.

(Photos: David Wardle via HarperCollins)

2 comments:

Carolina said...

hahaha
I see myself writing this entry!
Two months ago I went to my favorite book store and was also AMAZED by all the covers on the Agatha Christie books!
But unlike you, I am a cahotic reader and I ended up buying at least one of hers, plus a bunch of other ones without remembering that I still have 2 (maybe 3) half read books!

I read quite fast, but I keep jumping from book to book and sometimes while I finish 3, one after the other, I have 2 stuck at the same time...

Poor me :P

xx,
A.

iva yaneva said...

I knew we had some things in common! :)

To be honest, I have a few "abandoned" books which I would like to finish because I really don't like leaving them in the middle. But I too cannot wait to start a new book that I've just gotten from the bookstore and very often can't resist :) So I just try not to buy books unless I have nothing to read at the moment :) Doesn't always work though, like yesterday I ordered one from BookDepositary :) But hey, don't tell anyone :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin