Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Waiting for Spring



We finally got a little sunshine this weekend. It was so warm and lovely, true heaven after the insane snow we've had last week. I was really starting to get impatient waiting for spring. I am one of those people who loves each season but I get bored with it so quickly I am always waiting for the next one to come. I am so lucky to be living in a place where I can experience all four seasons though, I cannot imagine not having snow for Christmas or not being able to sunbathe in the summer.

So while I was getting tired of wearing my warm sweaters all of the stores filled up with pretty floral dresses and bright colors. I had to figure out a way to deal with this. What I did was put on a pair of black tights, a warm cardigan, boots and throw on one of those cute dresses just to give me that spring feeling. You can see the result at the top (and a few more photos on my flickr) and let me know what you think.

So, if you are still waiting for spring to come I hope this post is the inspiration you need to at least bring a little colour to your everyday life.











(Photos: top: Iva Yaneva. the rest of the photos are mostly from lookbook.nu. please click on each one to be taken to its original source)

7 comments:

Carolina said...

You look amazing!
(and smarter than me who a few weeks ago attempted to go out in sandals and go a cold :-S http://www.flickr.com/photos/71684247@N00/5496886820/ but I learned my lesson: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71684247@N00/5496301209/ )

xx,
A.

iva yaneva said...

Oh, I hope you feel better already! Climate changes are always tricky - you're either hot or cold. But one thing that always works for me - layers! :) xo

Design Elements said...

hubavi snimki, hubav blog! predi malko te namerih :-)

alli/hooray said...

I am *trying* to be patient as I wait for spring! We got a brief taste of spring weather a few weeks ago and now it makes it harder to wait!

I love your photo at the top :)

English Muse said...

you look absolutely beautiful! such a lovely post. your blog is like sunshine!

iva yaneva said...

Alli, oh, I totally understand! We had lovely weather and then - snow!! Can you imagine it? :)) but sooner or later spring will be here :)

Tina, thank you so much, dear! You are so sweet :)

Elena @ Selfie Magic said...

I love your outfit girly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin