Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Back from Banská Štiavnica


The last time I told you I would be in Banská Štiavnica to meet other national contacts of MEDS and now that I'm back I wanted to share my experience with you along with some photos.



Banská Štiavnica is a magical place, seriously! It's under the protection of UNESCO and if you enjoy exploring new charming cities, then I totally recommend checking it out. I would love to spend New Year's Eve there - I think it would be amazing during the winter.



The meeting was very productive and I met so many nice people! It was so inspiring to be among young creative spirits, I can't possibly imagine how much fun our next meeting will be when we actually get to work together. I know there are quite a few designers/artists reading this blog who might be interested in this so don't worry - I have a blog post about MEDS (Meetings of Design Students) and the next big event coming.



One more thing you need to know about Banská Štiavnica is that the city is full of cozy little bars and cafes. It's totally normal to see jazz musicians walking around the streets, performing live in bars. And also the prices were really good (if I say so coming from Bulgaria!)



Next we went to Vienna because our flight was leaving from Vienna airport and decided since we're already there we might stay a couple of days. To be honest I was quite disappointed, not by the city, but by our stay because I didn't get to see almost anything. No museums, no architecture; I didn't even get to sit in a typical Viennese cafe. I'm really, really sad about that because it cost me quite a lot to get there and stay a couple of days and it was all for nothing. Oh, well, let's hope we learn from our mistakes.



You can see more photos in my flickr album. I'll be adding more when I have free time to edit and sort them out.

(Photos: Iva Yaneva)

2 comments:

Daniel329 said...

Glad to see you are posting pictures again. Wonderful shots!

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

Great photos! I love the old history in Europe! It makes me nostalgic every time I visit back home in Bulgaria. If I had the chance I would love to travel around Europe.

So glad to see your posting again.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin