Friday, November 11, 2011

Shooting Stars


Gisele Bundchen is one of my favourite models. I love her natural beauty and bubbly personality. But today I wanted to share a quote from an interview she gave about the meaning behind her tiny star tattoo, which I thought was really cute.

"It's a shooting star, for my grandmother. She died when I was young. When I first moved to New York, there were no stars in the sky, so to remind me of her I drew one on my wrist and kept it there for a month, and then had someone draw it in"

Do you have any tattoos and what's the meaning behind them?

Photo: vanishingtattoo)

3 comments:

Bella Blonde said...

I have a small 'G' on my wrist- the same place as her's. It's my dad's initial. I lost him when I was 9 years old. If you don't know what it is, it just looks like a small pattern. It means a lot to me as its a reminder that he is still with me everyday! X

iva yaneva said...

Oh, it is so wonderful that a part of him is always with you. Thank you for sharing that! xo

Ballad of Seasons said...

This is cute! I don't have tatoos and I don't know if I'll ever have one, but I think I won't do it if there is no such meaning behind it, like the one Gisele has.
xoxo, Betül

p.s. this summer I saw a girl with a birds tattoo on her shoulder, something like this, but smaller version: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3RVLRkAaWtU/TRbODNsvpII/AAAAAAAAEEY/iNjp7W1C5Qs/s400/messy+long+hair+bird+tattoo+flying+birds.jpg

oh that was soooo beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin