Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Peace of mind


This past weekend I spent in the mountains on a yoga weekend. I started going to yoga classes a few months ago and I really loved it. It did not only increase my flexibility but it also gave me a peace of mind. It's really hard to stay focused on your goals and be positive in a world where everything around you is so negative and depressing - just turn on your TV and you'll see what I mean. I don't think we were meant to live like that and I think we've lost the ability to truly accept ourselves for who we are and the same goes for the people we love, our jobs and lifestyles.

Before we left they gave us a handmade "spiritual diary". It only has a few questions you need to answer each day but those are truly important questions to ask yourself. Like for example "Did I tell the people I love that I love them today?"; "Did I work on any of my goals?"; "Did I laugh today?" Did you know that children laugh around 400 times a day, while adults only 15? Depressing, isn't it?

I highly recommend if not making a "spiritual diary" then at least asking yourself those questions from time to time. We owe it to ourselves to make our lives the best that we possibly can. Well, no one's gonna do it for us anyway.

(Photo: sunsinger)

4 comments:

Absolutely Organic Girl said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy to read you again! ^^

I'm thinking on taking yoga classes, but I can't find time to do it, any suggestions? Better to go to classes? or better begin at home?

iva yaneva said...

I'd say it's definitely better to go to at least a few classes if you are a beginner. I tried starting at home, got books/videos but it just didn't work. And now that I've been going to classes I realize how badly I was performing the poses :D There are very small details that you often miss if there is no one to help you plus you always increase the risk of hurting yourself if you do new things by yourself.
I go to classes on Sunday morning, right after I wake up and I'm done before most people have even woken up :)

Absolutely Organic Girl said...

I'm going to try a few classes, I'll let you know how it goes ^^

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Ahhh, doing yoga in the mountains sound like a perfect weekend to me! I recently started doing yoga at home and am absolutely loving it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin