Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Avene

Avene Trixera products review

I've had a lot of issues due to my extremely dry and sensitive skin. I often get rashes and it usually takes quite some time for them to completely disappear, even with medication. I avoid exposure to insects, I even stopped wearing synthetics (which often means I miss on most of the cute and cheap winter sweaters).

I went to the doctor a couple of months ago with yet another rash and she recommended that I use the Avene Trixera Emollient Cream (on the right) after each shower. The Trixera line is designed for very dry and topic skin, it's rich in thermal spring water and is fragrance free - pretty much what every product for sensitive skin should be. I've almost used the whole bottle and I must say I really like it. It definitely moisturizes my skin throughout the day and you can see and feel the difference immediately. It's thick and oily, almost like a sunscreen, but it's easy to apply and you don't need tons of product. I feel like it's a bit waterproof or something like that because whenever I go wash my hands after applying it, it's always hard for me to remove all of the product from my hands. It doesn't say anything like that on the packaging but I think it's a plus since it definitely stays on my skin for a long time. Apparently it's suitable not only for your body but your face as well, which sounds great because most products are made for just one particular purpose. Let me know if you have used it as a facial creme, because I personally haven't.

The Avene Trixera Emollient and Cleansing Gel is actually something my boyfriend bought. He's been loving their shower gels and brought me this one to use, since he knows about my skin issues. It's a good product, I've been using it with the cream and I haven't had any rashes or irritations since, so I guess it's working. Of course, it's soap free and fragrance free, which doesn't make it the most exciting product, but that's not why someone would buy it I guess. The pump makes it really convenient to use in the shower too.

The last product I have is an Avene Exfoliating and Absorbing Cleansing Mask. It's the best cleansing mask I've had. I use it once a week after a shower and I think it definitely helped my skin to stay clean. What I love most about it is how soft it makes my skin, rather than irritating and drying it. I have enough left for one more application but I think I'm going to buy the Lierac Cleansing Mask after that. I was recently given a sample of it and it was really, really good. I hope I don't get disappointed but if I do, I'm definitely going back to this one because it's a good product.

(Photo: Iva Yaneva)

3 comments:

Forever Fuchsia said...

Hey! Love your blog, I followed! I would love it if you could check mine out at www.foreverfuchsia.com and maybe follow back? Great post, I will have to check these out!

Xoxo

Loup Kat said...

Avène products are really good I use the AKÉRAT line because of eczema and hyper dry skin too,the cleanance face gel is phenomenal and the face cream that goes with it too.
xx

iva yaneva said...

Oh, I'm currently on the lookout for a good cleansing gel, because mine is a bit too harsh. I'll definitely check it out, thanks! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin