Friday, October 12, 2012

Existential Crisis

Having a panini and coffee from Costa on my walk

Yup, the title says it all. I've always had goals, often very bold ones, and I have always managed to achieve them, no matter how much effort that has cost me. But now, I feel like my life is totally meaningless. I never in a million years would have guessed this is where I would be after graduating. And yes, I know, the economy is terrible worldwide and I know that at least I am lucky enough to have a roof over my head. But still, I need something to do, something I am good at, in order to feel complete. I am so not the type of person to stay at home and do nothing all day - I get bored so quickly. Being busy, challenging yourself and doing something that actually matters is the only way to go, at least for me.


On a more cheerful note, a dear friend came back to the city and we've been hanging out a lot this week. It's been great to be around friends, especially ones that are in a similar situation and know what you are going through.


After having a tiny meltdown on the phone yesterday, my boyfriend was so sweet to organize a night out. He brought me adorable tiny plants that I hope I'll manage to keep alive. And we went out for dinner. He took me to a restaurant that was way too expensive in my opinion so we argued in the car for a while when I realized where he was taking me, haha.

Fancy dinner at SASA, Sofia

I had a Caesar salad (of course) and salmon. The desserts were not worth it at all, except for the sesame and mint ice-cream. After that we came home and watched Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly's debate. We are both huge Jon Stewart fans and the show was really awesome.

(Photos: Iva Yaneva)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass.

281401 said...

First of all, I love the colors from your clothes in the first picture! It looks like autumn, and I really like the colors of autumn! :>
Your boyfriend seems to be very cute, because of these lovely flowers and this nice day :)
And I'm sure that you'll find something like a goal to achieve soon!

Have a nice weekend :>

kosebose said...

I totally know what you are talking about. When I was in college and came back to Bulgaria for the summer, my friends back home usually were still in their exam period, so I had tons of free time. That's when I learned how to cook, and I took three levels of Italian, I just couldn't sit around doing nothing.
Life after graduation is strange when you don't have any definite plans, but don't worry, you'll figure it out. My advice is to enjoy this period of free time, pick up a hobby, and just think about what you would like to do next.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin