Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Christmas tree holiday card

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful time with your families, just like me. I'm visiting my parents' house for the holidays and it's lovely!

Healthy Christmas treats - chocolate covered nuts

The holidays are always hard for those who try to eat healthy. This year I tried to stick to chocolate covered nuts. They were so yummy! What is your favourite dessert around Christmas?

Lanterns outside my window

Lanterns outside my window.

Cute snowmen home decor

When I came my mom had already decorated the house. Every room is filled with snowmen, Santas and whatnot. Me and my dad decorated the tree, which you can see at the top. I love that some of the ornaments are over 50 years old! So pretty!

Traditional Bulgarian Christmas Eve meals

Traditional Bulgarian Christmas Eve meals

There is a tradition in my country to eat vegan on Christmas Eve. We also have an uneven number of dishes - homemade bread (with a lucky coin hidden in it), beans, stuffed cabbage and peppers, baklava. Everything is so delicious on this day, I just love the tradition and all the homemade meals!

Turkey stuffed with rice and pickled cabbage for lunch on Christmas day

And of course on Christmas day we have turkey stuffed with rice and pickled cabbage for lunch. It's so delicious and also healthy.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas in my red sweater

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all had a lovely time with your loved ones and found everything you wanted under the tree. xo

(Photos: Iva Yaneva)

1 comment:

A. (Ana Carolina) said...

Merry Christmas!!!
So true that is hard to keep up with your normal food routine during holidays... Hehehe
I am over at my parents in Rio and to make sure those many rabanadas (a heavier french Toast like desert) don't weight on me too much, every time I am over I subscribe to the gym here ;-)

Have a great time with your family!
xx,
A.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin