Monday, June 24, 2013

A Story About a Mug

Tea on my balcony in Bulgarian designer Victoria Knysh for Minushka cup

When I was little, I was one of those skinny kids, whose parents always had to trick them into eating their food. Except for french fries - that I could eat every day!

But I had this porcelain set with pretty drawings all over it, including on the inside of the mug and bowl. And every time I ate just half of my soup and refused to eat the rest, my mom would say "Come on, there's just a little bit left until you see the pretty picture at the bottom!" And I had seen this picture many times when the bowl was sitting empty in the cupboard. But for some reason, this little trick worked every single time and I would always eat the rest of my soup.

The minute I saw this mug on Minushka's stand, while I was at Design Bazar yesterday (another post, dedicated to it is to come) all those memories came back and I knew I just had to have it. That's what good design does to you, right? It brings a bunch of feelings and memories back.

And now, I am sitting on my balcony, sipping tea, with a goofy smile on my face, looking at the tiny fishes at the bottom of my mug.

Tea on my balcony in Bulgarian designer Victoria Knysh for Minushka cup

Minushka's website/ Velikan Mug (It means "a giant")/ The designer, Victoria Knysh's website
Photos: Iva Yaneva for Iva Y

1 comment:

Stenley's creations said...

wow.....Ivay i didn't know about your potential to write such a beautiful articles.I'm doing the same thing with my child, she is eating all of her meals because of plate with Mickey Mouse cartoons on it.

Love this.
Greeting from us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin