Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Design Bazaar

Many people came to the Design Bazaar, which was part of Sofia Design Week





To those of you living in Sofia, especially if you are a designer, you probably already know that Sofia Design Week is happening right now. But what you might not know is that on Sunday there was a Design Bazaar in the yard of the National Art Academy, showcasing some of the best Bulgarian designers out there.

I have to say that after attending the lectures during the weekend, I couldn't help but face the fact that Bulgarian design isn't very well known, even in Bulgaria. I know this is common for most Balkan countries but I really do feel these talented people deserve a place among other, more famous designers. And I realize that they do not have the means to compete with large international brands, but I couldn't stress enough how important it is to support local creative entrepreneurs nontheless. So, naturally, I took out my camera, snapped a few pictures and decided to share some of my favorite finds with you.

Beautiful and practical tote bags from PlatForma at Design Bazaar

Beautiful and practical tote bags from PlatForma (Plat or Плат in Bulgarian means fabric)


Ceramics by Ekaterina Lachova at Design Bazaar

Gorgeous ceramics by Ekaterina Lachova.


Very cool T-shirts from Dushman at Design Bazaar
The graphic T-shirts from Dushman have been a favorite of mine for a long, long time. And they are made from organic cotton!


Jewelry by Jenya Adamova at Design Bazaar
Beautiful jewelry, made using traditional techniques by Jenya Adamova.


There were also a lot of handmade dolls and toys for kids. And I am not ashamed to say that these were probably my favorite shops!

Cute dolls from YoYo Fabric at Design BazaarCute dolls and fabric badges from YoYo Fabric, painted with environmentally friendly dyes.


Beautiful things by ToeMoe at Design Bazaar
Just look at all this cuteness! I have nothing to add, except that these are all made by ToeMoe.


Adorable mugs by Minushka at Design Bazaar Do these mugs by Minushka look familiar? Haha, yes - I couldn't resist! I was eying their printed cushions too.


Работилничка за чудеса at Design Bazaar Rabotilnichka za Chudesa (Работилничка за чудеса, or in translation "tiny miracles workshop")

Photos: Iva Yaneva for Iva Y
Blog Widget by LinkWithin