Saturday, July 13, 2013

BookTube-A-Thon!




Do you like books and crazy challenges? Is sitting with a good book and a cup of tea/coffee your idea of a perfect afternoon? Do you wish you read more?

Well, if the answer to any of the questions above is "yes" then BookTube-A-Thon might be just the thing for you! It is basically a reading marathon, which starts on July 15th and ends on July 21th. Your simple goal is to read as much as you can and complete as many challenges as possible. What are those challenges, you might ask - well, here they are:
  1.  Read 300 pages per day (yikes!)
  2. Read a book with 500+ pages
  3. Reread a book
  4. Finish a series or trilogy
  5. Read a book that's been on your bookshelf the longest
  6. Listen to an audiobook
  7. Read a classic
 Bonus challenge: How many challenges can you combine?


I know, I know - it's crazy! But it's also so much fun! To be honest I'm not really interested in rereading a book. I think there are far too many amazing books out there to spend your time reading something you've already read. I also don't think I can finish a series, since the one I've recently started is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Claire and that one is huge! And the thing that scares me the most - reading 300 pages every single day for a week! Well, I'm not sure I'm gonna do all of these, but I really, really want to try. Do what you can do and hope for the best, right?

I'll share which books I have on my list on Monday and hopefully we can start together? Oh, come on - you know it will be fun!

The BookTube-A-Thon was created by Ariel and Raeleen on YouTube, which are both awesome and you should definitely check out. This is the official twitter for the BookTube-A-Thon and the hashtag you might want to use is #BOOKTUBEATHON.

Good luck to everyone, yay (myself included)! xo

(Photo: Bige Yılmaz)

2 comments:

lifeofkitty said...

Ooh that sounds cool but I really don't think I could do most! I definitely couldn't read 300 pages per day for a week! (Unless I just didn't leave the house and kept my laptop far away ;) aha!)

iva yaneva said...

Haha, same here! I figured 100 pages every day would be a good improvement for me, so I'll be aiming for at least 100 and whatever I can read on top of that is welcome :)
The idea, I think, is to challenge yourself to read more, no matter how much that "more" is for you :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin